Nemo Power Tools
What are Nemo Power Tools?
Nemo is the world’s first electric waterproof drill. It works just like the cordless drill you have in your garage, except you can use it underwater with no tubes, connectors or other equipment.
At first glance, you might wonder what in the world you can do with an underwater drill, but if you are involved in any of the following fields or jobs, you will find a Nemo drill incredibly useful.
- Pools and Spas – replacing main drains, installing pool or spa liners, working on underwater hardware like ladders and lights
- Research Diving – if you need to drill holes in coral or in rocky sea bottoms in order to do necessary research
- Commercial Diving – for any kind of underwater construction
- Boating and Yachting – for any type of repairs or maintenance (like cleaning the hull) on boats and ships, the Nemo saves the expense and the time of dry-docking the boat to get it out of the water
- Aquaculture – repairing and installing aquaculture equipment (which is underwater by definition)
- Plumbing, sewer and construction – removing or tightening screws that are underwater or in wet and muddy conditions (or when you have to work in the rain)
- Municipal workers and water services – repairing main water lines, fountains, water tanks and other water equipment
- Oil, gas and mining – drilling in difficult locations that might require a self-contained and sealed piece of equipment
Now that you see how useful it can be, you’re ready to buy a Nemo drill yourself. They are used around the world today by commercial and research divers, plumbers, boat owners, pool techs and more. They have been on the market since the fall of 2013 after being custom-designed and built (one at a time) for scientific and government organizations.
The company then saw the potential in the drill and began adapting into a commercial version for wider distribution. The technology in the Nemo drill is generally found more in high-tech products such as batteries and electronics from drones, cooling technology from computers and sealing and fabrication from the marine industry.
You can use your Nemo drill underwater, above water and in any conditions. To protect it for the long term, make sure to always add air pressure through the valve on the back anytime you do underwater work. On dry land, you can use it normally while monitoring it for any signs of overload or overheating as you would with a normal power tool.
All Nemo drills (except the Pool and Spa model) can be used in salt water as well – just rinse it in fresh water after you are finished. Depending on the intensity of the work you are doing and the kind of job you are working, the Nemo 18V 3Ah Li-ion battery should last from one to three hours. The 6 Ah Li-ion battery lasts from two to six hours.
Buy Nemo Power Tools
If you would like to add Nemo Power Tools to your collection, they are available to purchase on the company website. Prices range from about $650 to $875 to $1,400, depending on the tool and the model. Replacement parts are also available for purchase. You can also buy Nemo tools at dealers around the world – check the website for locations.
If you have questions or need more information about Nemo tools, fill out the contact page on the company website and a representative will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
But do you really have more questions? How can you not own the world’s first electric waterproof drill? Call today!